Finding and Entering Load Cell Ratings (Sensitivity/Rated Capacity)
If you have an existing indicator:
Find and note the calibration number of your existing indicator as the Rated Capacity (lb), and use 0.40 as the Sensitivity. Please consult the existing indicator’s user manual for help retrieving the calibration number.
In all other cases:
Read and note the Sensitivity (Rated Output) and Rated Capacity (Rated Load) from any one load cell on the equipment. Multiply the Rated Capacity (Rated Load) by the total number of load cells on the equipment. If specifications are unavailable, a good starting point is a Sensitivity of 0.40 and a Rated Capacity of 8000 lb multiplied by the total number of load cells on the equipment (ex. 24,000 lb for three load cells, 40,000 lb for five load cells), regardless of the equipment's total capacity.
- Ensure the Libra Express device and app are paired and communicating.
- Select the Settings tab and ensure units (lb, kg) are set to those of the Rated Capacity found previously.
- Select the Device tab and enter the Sensitivity and Rated Capacity noted previously.
- Enter the Calibration Factor as 1.0.
- Tap Save Settings.
- Tap Zero Scale.
- Select the Display tab and tap Tare.
- Apply a known weight (perhaps your body weight) to one of the load cells, recording the displayed weight. Repeat with each remaining load cell. If load cell weights agree and are roughly correct, calibrate. If the weights agree but are roughly half of that expected, double the Rated Capacity entered previously. If the weights do not agree, check wiring and load cell orientation.