TMR - Finding and Entering Load Cell Ratings (Sensitivity/Rated Capacity)
If you have an existing indicator:
Find and note the calibration number of your existing indicator as the Rated Capacity (lb), and use 0.40 as the Sensitivity. Please consult the existing indicator’s user manual for help retrieving the calibration number.
In all other cases:
Read and note the Sensitivity (Rated Output) and Rated Capacity (Rated Load) from any one load cell on the mixer. Multiply the Rated Capacity (Rated Load) by the total number of load cells on the mixer. If specifications are unavailable, a good starting point is a Sensitivity of 0.40 and a Rated Capacity of 8000 lb multiplied by the total number of load cells on the mixer, regardless of the mixer's total capacity.
- Ensure the Libra TMR device and app are paired and communicating.
- Select the Settings tab and ensure units (lb, kg) are set to those of the Rated Capacity found previously.
- Select the Device tab and enter the Sensitivity and Rated Capacity noted previously.
- Enter the Calibration Factor as 1.0.
- Tap Save Settings.
- Tap Zero Scale.
- Select the Display tab and tap Tare.
- Apply a known weight (perhaps your body weight) to one of the mixer’s load cells, recording the displayed weight. Repeat with each remaining load cell. If load cell weights agree and are roughly correct, calibrate. If the weights agree but are roughly half of that expected, double the Rated Capacity entered previously (leaving the Sensitivity). If the weights do not agree, check wiring and load cell orientation.
For additional help the video tutorial below will show this process in-app: